Are you preparing for Student Visa interview to study in the UK 2018? Are you worried about the questions during the interview sessions?
At UACU, we regularly arrange mock interview sessions at our London and Dhaka offices for the students to get prepared for their student visa interviews. Here is a list of credible UK Student Visa / Tier 4 interview questions.
We update our questioner on the basis of real student feedback that our student actually faces January 2018 intake. To take full preparation for UK visa interview please read the full article.
Top 5 question was asked our student by Home Office in UK Tier4 visa Interview in January 2018 intake:
- How did you find this University? (Visa officer want to know that you have actual research before selecting the University for your, so you have to explain that you have done enough research to select this university.)
- How will this course suit your future career?
- How much are you expecting to get salary after doing this course? (visa office actually want to know ROI of your study plan)
- EOC or visa officer will show you a UK map and ask you which city your University Located. on of our Nigerian student was asked this question January 2018.
- Where will you live during your study? (highly recommended book student accommodation with University that will help prove your genuine intention)
Main Points To Remember:
- Get information about your university as much as possible
- Learn about your intended courses including assessment procedure and course curriculum
- Information about funding including financer’s details, annual or monthly income
- Information about your accommodation including weekly rent and other relevant details
Why do you want to study in the UK?
- What are the benefits of studying in the UK compared to your home country or other countries, like the USA, Canada or Australia?
Why did you choose this X University/College?
- Which other colleges/universities have you considered before choosing this university?
- How did you find about it?
- Where is the college/university?
- Do you know anyone who has already studied there?
- Do you know roughly how large the college/university is?
- Why did you choose this course and how does it relate to your previous study?
- How do you explain the gaps in your study/professional history?
- What is the relevance of the course to your future career path?
- What qualification will you receive?
- How long does the course last?
Do you know the module of your program? What are those?
- How is your course assessed? (Tip: this question is asked frequently during the interview, but many students cannot answer properly.)
- Do you know what level your course is at?
- Did you consider any other course?
- Does this course offer any professional recognition?
- Are you planning to stay in the UK on completion to study for a higher award?
- Are you thinking of transferring to another institution on completion?
- What facilities are you expecting at the college/university?
Will you need help finding an accommodation?
- Do you know the cost of accommodation?
- What fees are included in the accommodation fees?
- Do you need a meet and greet service?
- Do you understand the responsibilities of students entering the UK under Tier 4 of the PBS?
Sample of possible questions for screening financial viability
- What is your current occupation?
- Do you have relatives who have studied at a similar level or studied overseas?
- Do you think your course is appropriate for someone your age?
- Who is financing your studies?
- Why will they finance you?
- What is the profession of your financial sponsor and what relationship they have to you?
- How much your financial sponsor earn in a year or month?
- Is there any other dependent of your financial sponsor?
- Do you have evidence of the financial status of your financial sponsor, e.g. bank statements for last 6 months, bonds, investments, etc.?
- Are you able to verify the genuineness of these documents?
- Can you prove the money is available for study?
- Would you be able to pay your tuition fees in full up front?
- Have you checked the refund policy?
Working in the UK
- Do you know what your accommodation will cost in the UK?
- Do you know how much your living expenses will be?
- Do you know whether you are entitled to work part-time in the UK?
- Do you know how many hours are you allowed to work?
- Do you know the likely hourly rate of pay?
- How reliant are you on being able to work?
Do you need help with your university admission application? Do you want to join one of our mock interview sessions? Contact us for to book an appointment with our student consultants today.