Study FD, UG & PG Courses in The UK from Oman
Now there are opportunities for the students of Oman to study and graduate from the UK. The UK is one of the best places for Omani student to pursue a higher education degree. UK universities welcome applications from Omani students with open arms as it is a very multicultural country and people from most nations are contributing to the development one way or another.
The UK is one of the most popular destinations for the students of Oman to study in the undergraduate and postgraduate program. Currently, we are offering a comprehensive selection of undergraduate and graduate programmes of some of the top universities in the world in the UK.
Entry requirements for Omani students
We accept the equivalent of the below qualifications from a recognized overseas qualification:
- We normally require HSC/ A levels with an IELTS score of at least 5.5 or above
- Applicants who have completed the Thanawiya amma will need to undertake the International Foundation Programme in the UK
Applicants will be considered for most postgraduate courses with a good Omani bachelor’s degree from a recognized University
- Good grades in bachelors and masters degrees awarded by a recognized university, and a strong research proposal
Entry requirements may vary from course to course so it is always advised to check with your chosen institution to make sure of their entry standards.
Interesting facts between Oman & The UK
- The flight distance from London Heathrow Airport (LHR) to Muscat International Airport (MCT) is 3629 miles (5840 kilometres, 3153 nautical miles). The estimated flight time is 7 h 22 min.
- As of October 2017, 1 Pound Sterling (GBP) is equal to 0.504616 Omani Rial (OMR).
- In The UK, citizens live 5.2 years longer. In Oman, the life expectancy is avg 75.5 years compared to UK average life expectancy is 80.7 years.
- In the UK, there are 50.2% fewer babies. In Oman, there are approximately 24.3 babies per 1000 people. In the United Kingdom, the number is 12.1 babies per 1000 people.
- The UK has 67.4% less infant death. In Oman, approximately 13.2 per 1,000 infants ide before they reach the age of one. In the United Kingdom, on the other hand, 4.3 per 1,000 infants do.
- In The UK, you are 66% less likely to be unemployed. In Oman, approximately 15% of people ar4e unemployed. In The UK, the number is 5.1% of people.
Why study in the UK from Oman?
- In UK Undergraduate and postgraduate courses tend to be shorter than in other countries which can be a big help for the international students to keep the cost of tuition fees and living expenses down.
- UK higher education degree have a remarkable global reputation
- It is very easy to research the right course for any Omani by visiting the UCAS website.
- UK study will help the student to develop excellent language skills. The English language is of crucial importance in today’s business arena
- UK maintains a very long history of welcoming international students to study in its universities and colleges. In the UK last year there were 1.8 million full-time undergraduate students in higher education, which included over 104,000 international students.
- Universities of UK are reviewed regularly to make sure that they uphold the high standards of teaching, learning and research set by the Government.
- The cultural diversity of life in British higher education is unrivalled as the UK is a place of divergences and culture, where antique buildings sit alongside modern architecture.
- International students are allowed to work for up to 20 hours a week during term time and full-time during holidays.
- British University provides international students financial help with tuition fees, and possibly some additional help, reliant on family circumstances.